What are these marks on my contact lenses?Does anyone else get this? I have these marks on my contact lenses, they're not exactly white, but the look white when i have my lenses in, in contrast to my iris.

I use bi-monthly lenses, and the marks usually appear after I've had them in a few days, and blur my vision slightly. My lenses don't hurt me, and i don't have any sort of eye gunk coming out of them.

I wear a lot of eye make up, and have recently started using a waterproof mascara. I think this may be the problem, but i have been taking extra care to clean it off before putting in and taking out my lenses, and it's still happening.

Has anyone else had this problem, or have any idea what could be causing it?
Thanks :D
Thanks for help! :)

I've been wearing lenses for years and years, and never had this problem before, i meant to put that in my original message but forgot
But i think its a job for my optician, and switching to dailies would be a good idea, princeidoc

Thanks :)

Posted by Wanda Cosmo
yes waterproof mascara the problem

Posted by Karen
They're there to help you properly orient them before inserting them. You optometrist should have advised you about this.

Posted by princeidoc
its probably lens deposits or "jelly bumps"

http://www.clspectrum.com/article.aspx?article=13011

need to consider lenses that you change more often. also RUBBING the lenses (even if you use a "no rub" solution) helps.

i usually switch these patients to dailies.

Posted by Pamela
I don't know how long you've been wearing contacts, but if this has been happening all along, it's your body chemistry. Your tears have a high mineral content that form calcium/magnesium salt deposits on the lenses. These generally will make your eyes hurt, however. If you wear soft lenses, cleaning them will make them shred (I could only use mine for two days per pair), and if hard lenses, these deposits can scratch the lenses and they will also blur your vision. There is no cure, and extra cleaning will only make the problem worse. You may decide to just live with it, or forego contacts altogether. I don't know of any safe solution to dissolve the deposits.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Welcome to Eye & Vision Care. free information and resources to enjoy good vision for life!


Orignal From: What are these marks on my contact lenses?

0 comments