Am I eligible for eye care in a military hospital since I am retired Navy?Tricare does not cover eye care in my area. I need to get new glasses. If I go to Phila Medical center it is a hassle. Fort Dix is an hour away and would be so much easier. If there any retirees out there I would appreciate your answers.

Posted by NWIP
Are you on Tricare Standard, Tricare Prime? that can determine it. The hospital can also determine if they will take Retirees all the time or only on a Space A basis. Your best bet is to call Tricare for your area and have them book the appointment if it is allowed. I know in San Diego at Balboa they did it all the time.

Posted by CrazyB
Yes, you should be covered. if you call for an appointment they can tell you before you go if your covered.

Posted by src50
On a space-available basis. You'll have to call them.

Posted by one_schrute_buck
Yes!

Posted by Dennis F
Tricare Prime will pay for a eye exam, once every two years in most cases.
They will pay for once a year if you are a Diabetic.
Most eye care clinics such as Lenscrafters, Sears or Walmart will accept Tricare Prime. Only need to fill out a little paperwork and show your ID.

Add your own answer in the comments! Welcome to Eye & Vision Care. free information and resources to enjoy good vision for life!


Orignal From: Am I eligible for eye care in a military hospital since I am retired Navy?

0 comments